Do you own a house and are thinking about selling? Selling the traditional way (through an agent) will give you access to some buyers. However, if you’re asking, “how do I sell my house owner financing in North Carolina NC” then you’re making a smart move that will give you access to many more buyers! Keep reading to find out how…
Introduction to “Sell My House Owner Financing In North Carolina NC“
When a homeowner sells their home the traditional way (through an agent), the buyers are typically regular buyers who are trying to get a mortgage to buy a house that they will live in. In some markets, there are a lot of these kind of buyers but in other markets there aren’t as many. And real estate agents typically work with these kind of “pre-qualified” buyers who can get a mortgage through a bank.
However, this method of selling is not without its problems. For example, sometimes you have to wait to see if a buyer can even get financing (and sometimes the financing falls through so you’re forced to keep showing your house to find another buyer).
If you want to increase the likelihood that you’ll sell your house, and expand the range of possible buyers who can buy, here’s a little-known strategy you might not be aware of: sell your house with owner financing.
Owner financing is when a buyer skips the bank and buys directly from you. In essence, you’re the bank! Just like a bank, you get an up-front deposit and then you get regular payments that pay off the amount owing. In most cases, you hold the title until the house is fully paid off, and then the title transfers to the buyer.
Benefits of selling with owner financing
- It opens up the number of buyers because now you’ll be able to find buyers who might not normally be able to get bank financing.
- It gives you cash flow, since they buyer will need to pay regular payments to you (just as they would need to pay regular mortgage payments to the bank).
- It protects you because even if the buyer stops paying, you still own the house! You’re protected through a Promissory Note and a Deed of Trust
- And unlike owning a rental, there isn’t a lot of property management since that will be the responsibility of the buyer. You don’t have to think about tenants, repairs, vacancies or anything else. It’s true PASSIVE INCOME
- You’ll get more money for your house. Selling your house by owner financing allows you to incorporate interest into your sale. This interest is pure profit because it doesn’t pay down the principal of your purchase price. You may have sold for $100,000, but you may receive $150,000, $175,000 or more over the course of the loan.
Wondering, “how do I sell my house owner financing in North Carolina NC”? Start by deciding how much you’d like to get each month for your house.
There are many different ways to sell your house and in this blog post we shared with you how to sell with owner financing. Selling with owner financing isn’t for everyone but if you want more exposure to buyers, plus some cash flow, plus plenty of protection, then selling with owner financing might be right for you.